Integrated medicine combines approaches from Eastern (alternative) medicine with approaches from Western (conventional) medicine. Each patient is seen as an individual rather than a condition or disease, which aids in devising a unique healing plan that maximizes benefit and minimizes side effects.
Health in Harmony brings the best of Eastern and Western medicine together and then literally brings it to you. Dr. Boggs understands that every pet is unique and that often the best care is a combination of approaches to treat each individual as a whole. She also understands that it is not always preferable to bring our pets to a clinic for many different reasons and that having care come to you can often maximize the benefit for your loved one. Alternately, some prefer to have care provided in the comfort of their favorite veterinarian’s office. This too can be arranged. Whatever the case, you can be assured that your pet’s experience will be unique.
“Doctors discover early in our careers that no matter what we do or how badly we want to help, we can't 'fix' every patient. Providing an integrated approach allows me more options to offer my patients before I have to say there is nothing more I can do.” -Dr. Boggs
Some of the services provided by Health in Harmony include:
- Traditional Chinese medical examination
- Herbal and food therapy
- Wellness recommendations based on individual patient needs including diet, exercise, supplements, etc.
- Conventional examination and diagnostics including blood work, cytology, fecal exams etc,
- Individualized vaccination protocols
- Microchip implantation and registration.
- Treatment of some medical conditions at home including chronic/hospice care.
- Compassionate at home euthanasia
Those services which cannot be provided by Health in Harmony including x-rays, hospitalization, and surgery will be referred either to the patient’s regular veterinarian or to Harmony Animal Hospital . After hours emergencies should be taken to the closest animal emergency center.